Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Book Review: Betrayals by Lili St. Crow

Title: Betrayals: A Strange Angels Novel
Author: Lili St. Crow
Publication Date: November 2009
Genre: Teen Fiction / Urban Fantasy
Age: 12+
Pages: 304
Series: 2nd in a series
Publisher's website: Razorbill
Author's website: Lilith Saintcrow
Book Acquisition: Bought New Paperback

She’s no angel . . .
Poor Dru Anderson. Her parents are long gone, her best friend is a werewolf, and she’s just learned that the blood flowing through her veins isn’t entirely human. (So what else is new?)
Now Dru is stuck at a secret New England Schola for other teens like her, and there’s a big problem— she’s the only girl in the place. A school full of cute boys wouldn’t be so bad, but Dru’s killer instinct says that one of them wants her dead. And with all eyes on her, discovering a traitor within the Order could mean a lot more than social suicide. . .
Can Dru survive long enough to find out who has betrayed her trust—and maybe even her heart?
(from publisher's website)

After reading Strange Angels I could not wait for Betrayals to come out and I wasn't disappointed.
Although the book was a bit slow for me in the very beginning, it quickly picked up and hooked me in. I absolutely love the character of Dru and Graves is one of my favorite supporting characters of all time.
I really could go on and on, gushing about how much I liked this book :) but I won't bore you too much!

It picks up write where Strange Angels ends, with Dru and Graves being brought to a safe house. But is it safe? Who can they trust? What are Christophe's real motives? We learn more about Dru and her family in Betrayals and also about the strange world she is now a part of.

A must read for anyone who read Strange Angels. And if you haven't read Strange Angels - pick them both up - well worth the read.

5/5 stars


Books in the Series:
Strange Angels - May 2009
Betrayals - Nov 2009
Jealousy - June 2010

Linkage Love:
Read An Excerpt
My Review of Strange Angels

5 comments:

  1. Great review - i loved this one too :) Can't wait for jealosy. Have you read any of her adult titles - just wondered if they any good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two of her adult novels waiting to be read. Even though they aren't YA I'm thinking a review will make it's way here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved both Strange Angels and Betrayals also. Lili St.Crow is an amazing writer. Thank goodness Jealousy comes out in around 6 months - that's not to terribly long to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeep! One of my favourite books ever!!!! Lili St. Crow is a genius!!!! I actually specifically made sure I was able to buy the fourth one. Oh my word. First book I bought in a LONG time.

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)