Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Book Review: Never Cry Werewolf by Heather Davis

Title: Never Cry Werewolf
Author: Heather Davis
Publication Date: September 2009
Genre: YA Urban Fantasy
Age: 12+
Pages: 224
Series: I don't think so
Publisher's website: Harper Teen
Author's website: Heather Davis
Book Acquisition: used hardcover bought


Moonlight can totally change your life.
And it all starts so simply.
You. Him.
The moon.
You're toast.
Okay, so maybe Shelby has made a few mistakes with boys lately (how was she supposed to know Wes had "borrowed" that Porsche?). But her stepmother totally overreacts when she catches Shelby in a post-curfew kiss with a hot senior: Suddenly Shelby's summer plans are on the shelf, and she's being packed off to brat camp. It's good-bye, prom dress; hello, hiking boots.
Things start looking up, though, when Shelby meets fellow camper (and son of a rock star) Austin Bridges III. But soon she realizes there's more to Austin than crush material—his family has a dark secret, and he wants Shelby's help guarding it. Shelby knows that she really shouldn't be getting tangled up with another bad boy . . . but who is she to turn her back on a guy in need, especially such a good-looking one? One thing's for sure: That pesky full moon is about to get her into trouble all over again.
(from publisher)

So, I didn't love this book, but I didn't hate it either. It was a very quick read and maybe because of that I didn't feel that it had that much depth. I never really felt a connection to the characters. They were likable enough they just didn't have much to them.

I have to say, I did like the fact that although there were werewolves in this book - there weren't any vampires :)

The story line is pretty straight forward and it flows well. Overall it was pretty enjoyable. Nothing spectacular happened but it was a good story.

3.5/5 stars

Books in the Series:
Standalone as far as I can tell :)

Other Reviews:
Page Turners
Katie's Book Blog
Ellz Readz

2 comments:



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)