Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, May 15, 2010

In My Mailbox - May 15, 2010

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren :)

Ever try to impose a 'no more new books in the house' rule? Ever fail miserably? hehe...yeah...well...wanna see my books!?

For Review from Other Shelf Tours
Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia
Already started reading this one and I'm really liking it so far!
(from Goodreads)
Seventeen-year-old Teagan McNeel falls for captivating Garreth Adams and soon discovers that her crush has an eight-point star etched into the palm of his right hand-the mark of an angel. 
But where there is light, dark follows, and she and Garreth suddenly find themselves vulnerable to a dark angel's malicious plan that could threaten not only her life, but the lives of everyone she knows, and now, she is torn between one angel's sacrifice and another angel's vicious ambition. 
Divinely woven together, Angel Star takes readers on a reflective journey when one angel's sacrifice collides with another angel's vicious ambition in a way that is sure to have readers searching for their own willpower.

Bought
The Red Pryamid by Rick Riordan
I love Rick Riordan! 
(from Goodreads)
Since their mother’s death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, the brilliant Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane. 
One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a "research experiment" at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives. 
Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the gods of Egypt are waking, and the worst of them--Set--has his sights on the Kanes. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest that brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.

Bought
The Sisters Grimm Book 8: The Inside Story by Michael Buckley
Have you read this series? It's a really great MG fantasy / fairy tale series and I love it! So happy to get the 8th book this week.
(from Goodreads)
After the shocking ending of The Everafter War, this book picks up with Sabrina, Daphne, and Puck stuck in the Book of Everafter, where all the fairy tales are stored and enchanted characters can change their destinies. The girls (and Puck) must chase the Master through a series of stories, where they’re willing to change what they need in order to save their baby brother. Soon, however, they are confronted by the Editor—the book’s guardian—who, along with an army of tiny monsters known as Revisers, threatens the children with dire consequences if they don’t stick to the stories. As they chase their quarry and dodge the Revisers, they meet Alice, Mowgli, Jack the Giant Killer, Hansel and Gretel, the Headless Horseman, and more. But will they find their brother in time?

5 comments:

  1. Haha! Yes, I promised myself no more books after this week, until I finish the ones I have. Hopefully, it lasts.

    I really want to get The Red Pyramid though. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great week - hope you enjoy them all :)

    P.S. - I love the US cover for Red Pyramid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books! Angel Star looks amazing. I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see the Sisters Grimm books all the time, I keep meaning to give them a try! Have a good reading week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sisters Grimm? I've never heard of it :)

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)