Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, January 31, 2011

Show Me Your Shelves

Hello and welcome to the first Show Me Your Shelves!
A feature where readers of Red House Books are given the opportunity to show us their book shelves, book cases, book piles....

Today it is my pleasure to welcome Krista W.!

Krista has an absolutely gorgeous bookcase.

Here is what she has to say about her case and books:
"I have one tiny bookshelf in my house. It belonged to my grandmother, and dates from the early 20th century. It's been painted pink. It's been painted black. It is now a shabby chic (read: chipped, peeling and grubby looking) shade of white. It is now missing a handle, the top door continuously falls of its track, the drawer in the bottom refuses to budge, and it is in desperate need of a new paint job, but I wouldn't trade it in for anything.

Most of the books that I read now have been borrowed from my local library. (Strong supporter of small-town libraries. Go support yours now!) In fact, I haven't purchased a book for myself in years. The books that I do have on my shelves are some of my favorites from over the years or those that were leftover from college courses. I also have a collection of old vintage books that were handed down to me from my grandmother and great-aunt."

What a wonderful story. If only that bookcase could talk.

Here are some closeups:



For more information on Krista, check out her blog Broken English. For more information on her wonderful bookshelf and books, check out this post.

Thank you so much Krista for Sharing Your Shelves!

I wish I had a bookcase with a unique story. What about you?

**************************************************
Do you have shelves you'd like to share? Fill out THIS FORM to start :)

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful antique bookcase!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful antique books! I wish i still had all of my mother's.


    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista, we have lots in common. I don't buy books and I love antiques. Gorgeous shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My bookcase doesn't look as pretty and def does not have a history. Thanks for sharing.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! And, I love that it has a story to go along with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting to be the first one featured! Thank you, Emily. And also thank you to everyone else for the compliments! I feel really grateful that I am lucky enough to have a few pieces of family "heirloom" furniture.

    I can't wait to see the rest of the shelves featured! What a great idea this was.

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)