Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, August 20, 2011

In My Mailbox - August 20, 2011

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren :)

Vlog in which I shamelessly make you love me via the cuteness of my daughter :)
She's been dying to help out and I think she did a great job!




Awesomeness mentioned -- it's sad that Borders is closing but if the don't close sooner I'm going to be in trouble....I can't not buy books that are on sale - it's like a disease ;)

Books Bought -- thank you Borders :(

Power Play (Kingdom Keepers IV) by Ridley Pearson
WHY? I love Disney and this series is just awesome! Really great books for younger teens and / or reluctant readers.

From Bad to Cursed (Bad Girls Don't Die #2) by Katie Alender
WHY? Loved book 1 - pretty creepy - and book 2 sounds even better.

The Ask and The Answer (Chaos Walking #2) by Patrick Ness
WHY? I own the audio books but I want my boyfriend to read the series because it's awesome!

Witch and Wizard by James Patterson
WHY? I've read very little Patterson but I do want to read more and I've had book 2 for a while now :)

Everfound (Skinjacker #3) by Neal Shusterman
WHY? Loved book 1 and I have book 2

Possession by Elana Johnson
WHY? Debut author, dystopian tale with reviews all over the place. Curious to see where my opinions fall.

Clean by Amy Reed
WHY? Because Danielle couldn't stop talking about it - had to see what all the fuss was about :)

Enchanted Ivy by Sarah Beth Durst
WHY? Honestly, the cover drew me in first and it's been on my wishlist for a while.

The House of Dead Maids by Clare B. Dunkle
WHY? "A chilling prelude to Wuthering Heights" and that cover! And it's pretty short - looks like a good quick read

The Red Garden by Alice Hoffman
WHY? Hoffman's newest and it was 50% off - I couldn't resist!

Behemoth (Leviathan #2) by Scott Westerfeld
WHY? I've heard good things about this series...and it was only $2 :)

Bought from Book Perk

WHY? I really love Lemony Snicket's writing and this one came with pins! (love those too :)

For Review


Oh man, I need to stop buying book! ....maybe next month? ;)

So, what's in your mailbox?




8 comments:

  1. I was really bummed when I went to Borders today. I didn't find anything I really wanted. Very picked over.

    Here is my IMM for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! Im sad Borders is closing but the one next to my house closed a while ago so...
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Bad To Cursed looks good, I'm going to go add the first book to my TBR.

    Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to read my copy of Angelfire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute helper!!

    Seriously!! I've been tempted almost beyond that which I can bare with how many books are on sale. It's sad that we're losing a books supplier, but glad I get cheaper books!

    LOVE Clare B. Dunkle's Hollow Kingdom Trilogy but not sure how I'll like her new one. Great haul!

    Here’s my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy all your books - Clean looks super great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great IMM! I recently ordered Bad Girls Don't Die and can't wait to read it. It really sounds creepy. Possession sounds really good too. I've been wanting to check out Witch & Wizard as well. I think it sounds really interesting. Hope you enjoy your new books!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ~Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! You little helper is so cute. :)

    I didn't realize how shiny the cover of Possession was! I can definitely tell from the video. Lots of great books this week! And great bargains too.

    I haven't gone to any closing Borders so thank god for that. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some awesome books and a cute little helper =) Check out my IMM

    http://paigebradish.wordpress.com/2011/08/20/in-my-mailbox-2/

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)