Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Book Review: The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey #4) by Julie Kagawa

*** Spoiler Free***

Reading Level: Young Adult
Publication Date: October 2011
Pages: 386
Series: 4th and final in the Iron Fey Series
Acquisition: NetGalley

Summary:
See Goodreads Page

My thoughts:
A fantastic end to a fantastic series!

Told from Ash's point of view and I couldn't be happier. Honestly, Meghan is my least favorite character and the fact that we get Ash's voice and not hers? Loved this!

Have to say, I wasn't a huge fan of Ash before reading The Iron Knight but wow! It might have taken me longer to fall in love with him but man was it powerful! He's such a dynamic character and there is so much going on under his cold exterior.

Also - tons of Puck! I loved his interactions with Ash - such tension and raw emotion. And pretty much every time Puck opened his mouth with some wise ass remark I smiled. So, I was pretty much smiling throughout the entire book. Or trying not to cry. Or yelling in frustration. Or gasping in surprise. Seriously! My emotions were all over the place and it was great.

The Fey world that Julie has created is very much the faerie world I imagine in my head when I think of our Good Neighbors. It's very much real to me - not fantasy and I feel very much a part of every story and every character.

If you haven't had a chance to read The Iron Fey series, I highly recommend you start. Fantasy and faerie magic and lore mixed together perfectly with characters you'll be thinking about long after you turn that last page of that last book.

Just downright awesome :)

Overall Rating:
5 / 5 Stars

Books in The Iron Fey Series:
1.0 The Iron King (My Review)
1.5 Winter's Passage
2.0 The Iron Daughter (My Review)
3.0 The Iron Queen (My Review)
3.5 Summer's Crossing
4.0 The Iron Knight

Linkage Love:
Harlequin Teen
Author's Website

1 comment:

  1. Purchased this book from the store... (not a nook book)... for anyone who has read the first three... this is a must must read... Ash goes on a life changing journey to be with the one he loves... you have to read this to find out what happens...

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)