Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, June 15, 2012

Book Review: Perception (Clarity #2) by Kim Harrington


Reading Level: Young Adult
Publication Date: March 2012
Publisher: Scholastic Point
Pages: 288
Series: 2nd and final in a series
Acquisition: received an ARC for review

Summary:
When you can see things others can't, what do you do when someone's watching you?Everybody knows about Clarity "Clare" Fern. She's the psychic girl in school, the one who can place her hands on something and see hidden visions from the past.Only Clare would rather not be a celebrity. She prefers hanging back, observing. Her gift is not a game to her.But then someone starts playing with her head . . . and heart. Messages and gifts from a secret admirer crop up everywhere Clare turns. Could they be from Gabriel, the gorgeous boy who gets Clare's pulse racing? Or from Justin, Clare's hopeful ex-boyfriend who'd do anything to win her back?One thing is certain. Clare needs to solve this mystery, and soon. Because the messages are becoming sinister, and a girl in town has suddenly disappeared. (from Goodreads)

My thoughts:
I loved book 1, Clarity so I had high hopes for Perception. Overall, I wasn't disappointed. With Clare and her family, I felt like I was coming home.

Now, the love triangle - not as bad as it could have been but I still didn't enjoy it. I'm not a fan though so, I wasn't expecting to like Clare's indecision over which guy was right for her. On the plus side, both guys are from book 1. So there wasn't that new hot mystery guy out if no where that love triangles seem to be plagued with. I can honestly say that I liked both guys. I liked one way more then the other though....and I'm happy to report that my guy 'won' - hehe.

Final verdict:
If I had to sum up Perception in one word it would be mystery. As in a true mystery story. Unknowns that need to be found out, sleuthing that needs to be done, villains who need to be good at what they do - this book had it all.

Also? I thought I had everything figured out and I was wrong! This lack of predictability was a pleasant surprise.

So far there are only 2 books in this series but I'm really hoping Kim will write more. It was so easy to get caught up with Care and her family and crazy town that I wouldn't mind going back for another visit or two.

Overall Rating:
4.5 / 5 Stars

Books in the Clarity Series:
#1 Clarity (my review)
#2 Perception

Author's website / Goodreads / IndieBound

3 comments:

  1. Great review! I haven't read Clarity, but it's nice to know that there is actually mystery to the book. I tend to figure things out easily so it's nice when you are surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both books are really great. Too often mysteries really aren't that mysterious but that wasn't the case for me with this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't sure if she was going to write a series or trilogy or what - so I'm kind of excited to hear that it's a duo! I adored Clarity, and can't wait for this one!

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)