Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Why I Blog

Blogoversary Celebration Day 4

It started 3 years ago but why I am I still here?

I'm here because I can be. Because I want to be. Because blogging has never been a chore and even if there are things I hate about it there are far more things that I love.

I'm here because of the people I've met and the people I hope to meet.

I'm here because I read way more now then I did 3 years ago.

I'm here because even if I'll always have access to other blogs and bloggers, I couldn't be a bystander.

I'm here because it's a part of my life and I think I'm a better person for it.

I blog because it's not just a hobby or a way to spend my extra time (wait, what? I have extra of that?).

I blog because I find fulfillment in it. It takes nothing from me and adds so much. It demands nothing but what I'm willing to give. It will never push me away and it will never suck me in too deep.

I blog because where else would all the crazy book love that lives in my head go?

My crazy has found a home :)

~Coming up tomorrow: The Future

2 comments:

  1. Another great post! I'm going to try to do something similar next month when I have my blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You pretty much put into words the reasons why I blog. Love the term blogoversary - never heard it before. Also, I'm new to your blog and noticed you have a 'Listening To' icon - do you listen to audio books. I'm writing a post on my blog regarding audio books. The only ones I've ever listened to are the Harry Potters narrated by Stephen Fry. Just out of interest, how do you do your review of audio books; I've never review one myself but am trying to set up a key list of elements [who narrates, story itself etc]. :)

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)