Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Book Review: Glitch by Brenda Pandos

Book # 1 in the Lost In Time series
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian, Sci-fi, Time Travel
Publication: January 2014 by Obsidian Mountain Publishing
Acquisition: NetGalley

Synopsis:
Perfect world. Lies. Blue eyes.
When a mysterious guy from the forbidden zone sneaks an illegal slip of paper to a beautiful young girl from Brighton, she must decide if she should turn him in or follow what the note says.
Eighteen-year-old Abigail has no trouble following Brighton’s rules. For one, she’s OCD about checking her Date of Death clock latched to her wrist, making sure her decisions never shorten her timeline, and two, she enjoys the peace Brighton has to offer. In no way would she bring on another attack that destroyed earth’s inhabitants. But when her best friend returns from her Advice Meeting--a glimpse into the future--shocked and won’t tell Abby what’s happened, Abby is worried what awaits her glimpse. The stranger with blue eyes knows something, but does Abby dare enter the forbidden zone to get answers? Or is she doomed to live the life set in her glimpse?
(from Goodreads)

4 / 5 Stars

Requested this one from NetGalley because I've always enjoyed Brenda's books. Happy to report that Glitch didn't disappoint.

A bit different from what I expected, a bit hard to follow at times, but overall a really cool story. Some dystopian, some time travel, some romance - it all really worked for me.

The ending had me a little confused and I can't say I loved Abigail all that much but I was pulled into the story pretty hard core - every page had me looking forward to the next.

In my opinion Brenda did a fab job blending the dystopian feel with the perils of messing with time. But! Oh man! Major cliffhanger! Annoyed me a first but I got over that quirky when I realized what awaited me in book 2.

I will for sure be picking up Switch!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)