Hello and Welcome!

Red House Books is going through a bit of a update!

I've always had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted this space to be but I've been detoured from my path by...lots and lost of other people's opinions and ways of doing things...

I'm committed to this little chunk of the interweb but I've also branched out into other places so! Now it's time to think of Red House Books as more of a hub of all things me! And Me is a hell of a lot of book love!

Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Book Review: Signs Point to Yes by Sandy Hall

Genre: YA Contemporary Romance
Publication: October 20, 2015 by Swoon Reads
Acquisition: Won an ARC from a fellow blogger

Synopsis:
The author of A Little Something Different brings you the most adorkable romance ever.

Jane, a superstitious fangirl, takes an anonymous babysitting job to avoid an unpaid internship with her college-obsessed mom. The only problem? She’s babysitting the siblings of her childhood friend and new crush, Teo.

Teo doesn’t dislike Jane, but his best friend Ravi hates her, and is determined to keep them apart. So Teo’s pretty sure his plans for a peaceful summer are shot. His only hope is that his intermittent search for his birth father will finally pan out and he’ll find a new, less awkward home. Meanwhile, at Jane’s house, her sister Margo wants to come out as bisexual, but she’s terrified of how her parents will react.

In a summer filled with secrets and questions, even Jane’s Magic 8 ball can’t give them clear answers, but Signs Point to Yes.
(from Goodreads)

5 / 5 Stars

It's so unlike me to give a 5 star review to a romantic contemporary young adult novel. Why? Mainly because I just don't read them and when I do I'm usually unsatisfied.

This book though? It was good! Like really good!

I love Jane and I love Teo and I even grew to love Ravi (especially after I found out why he hates Jane so much - ha!).

These characters are real people. They aren't whinny, rediculous, pie in the sky versions of teenagers. And OMG yes! They are totally adorkable!

There's a lot of heart in this story and not just from the romance. BUT the romance was so nice! It wasn't insta love or overbearing and there weren't any cray cray reactions (or overreactions) and it all just felt very real and very fun and very very enjoyable to read.

Signs Point to Yes is on my very short list of YA contemps that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. (I even added Sandy Hall's first novel A Little Something Different to my wishlist!)

It's fun to read out my comfort zone every once in a while - I'm so glad I gave this one a try!

1 comment:

  1. I thought this was a great read too! And the whole rivalry with Ravi cracked me up. I thought that I would hate him! Didn't you just love the younger sisters too? They were terrors and I say that in the most loving way possible.

    ReplyDelete



Thanks a bunch for visiting :)